AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Nice forum you have here. I only wish I would have found it before I bought my receiver.
My question is, do I need the remote control for this unit before I can get it to work? Here is my situation. A few weeks ago I bought a used Pioneer VSX-D711 to replace a broken Pioneer VSX-102. It came with no remote or manual. I went on line and got the correct manual and after hooking everything up, I have no sound. I don't have a home theater set up, just two Cerwin Vega D9's and a CD player and my TV. The manual tells to make selection/adjustment that I think you can only make with the remote. My old Pioneer remote will only work the volume and mute. Any help would be very much appreciated!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
I actually had that receiver for a long time before I got my Onkyo 605. I'm going off memory, but I'm pretty sure you can use front-panel controls to go through the set-up. If you need a remote, be aware that this vintage Pioneer receivers were pretty finicky about universal remotes. I had pretty good success with One-For-All remotes, though, such as the URC-8820. Also, you may want to research JP-1 remotes. This is basically a hack of certain models of remotes made by Universal Remote Control so you can cable them to your PC and program them that way. Also, Harmony remotes will work with your receiver.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts