AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just switched from Uverse TV to Direct TV. I re programed the remote by just removing the att DVR and adding the new Direct tv DVR. I have the Watch TV button [at the very top of the remote]programed to turn the TV and receiver on [which worked with ATT] Now when i press that button the TV states that i have no signal. The HDMI 2 is correct.
Need help.Thanks

·
Registered
15,143 Posts
Your new DirecTV box is HDMI-CEC enabled which will automatically set the proper input on your TV by itself. Then your Harmony sends an input next command and overshoots, unaware that it's already switched, going to HDMI 2. So disable HDMI-CEC, aka HDMI Control, Bravia Sync, Anynet, etc. on your TV at least.

Alternatively, leave the CEC alone and re-do the activity setup and pick no input change if possible.

There is a third option which may or may not work on your particular TV and will involve getting Logitech support involved to make some tweaks on their end and switch you to discrete input commands rather than input cycling.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Recorded Programs Question

In the colored screen i have Watch tv and Smart tv.How can i add Recordings to that screen.I don't see that option.

·
Registered
15,143 Posts
I assume Watch TV is for DirecTV. That's your activities screen. You can't add individual functions to your activities screen, only activity macros. After you run the activity, you can have any functions on screen you wish. That's done in the Buttons config in MyHarmony for the Watch TV activity. But Recordings is typically mapped to the screen already and is usually called List. If it isn't already on the first page, you can move it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i managed to Relay screw this up. First i removed the HDMI 2 option. All i want is to press the on/off button to turn the TV and Receiver on and off. The DVR is set to always On. Now nothing works correctly.
I have:
Samsung Smart TV
Sony Receiver
Direct TV DVR

·
Registered
15,143 Posts
On the Samsung, turn off Anynet. On the Sony, turn off Bravia Sync (or HDMI Control). On your Harmony, delete the TV and Receiver devices and add them back. Make a new Watch TV activity (rename to Watch DVR if you like). Pick TV as display device, Sony as audio device, input on each None, or if that's not possible, HDMI 1.

·
Registered
15,143 Posts
You'll have to figure that out to solve this problem. I don't know what model you have, but here's how to do it on an older Samsung.

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=167368&modelname=LN46C750R2F

Here's how to turn it off in your DirecTV box:

Menu, Settings & Help, Settings, Display, Video, HDMI Control: set to OFF
If you're open to using your DirecTV remote instead of your Harmony, it can control everything you mentioned so far.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mdavej: I decided to use the Direct TV remote and not the Harmony. In seems this DVR doesn't like Harmony or me.My question to you is how can i get the Receiver to come on and go off with this remote?

·
Registered
15,143 Posts
I was mistaken about that. Last time I had DirecTV years ago, the old remote with the slide switch at the top could power a receiver. The newer style apparently can't.

If you're sticking with the DirecTV remote, you may be able to get everything to power on and off together if you re-enable HDMI control on everything. Just be aware that if you go back to Harmony, you'll have to turn all HDMI control back off to get it working.

Besides that, I'm out of ideas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts