AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

I just purcahsed the 55" Sony SXRD and have noticed a green dot on the center of the TV when changing the sattalite channels (background is full black). The dot is just green, but it does have a light blue and red too.

I have the Dish HD Sattalite. When switching over to other components, i.e. DVD player, I don't see the dot. Anyone have any suggestions?

Other than the above, the picture quality is good.

Current theater.

Pioneer Elite TSX-37TX

Fronts: VR-975

Rears VR Bi Polar

Center VR-10

In advance, thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNO_RACING /forum/post/0

Hey all.

I just purcahsed the 55" Sony SXRD and have noticed a green dot on the center of the TV when changing the sattalite channels (background is full black). The dot is just green, but it does have a light blue and red too.

I have the Dish HD Sattalite. When switching over to other components, i.e. DVD player, I don't see the dot. Anyone have any suggestions?

Other than the above, the picture quality is good.

Current theater.

Pioneer Elite TSX-37TX

Fronts: VR-975

Rears VR Bi Polar

Center VR-10

In advance, thanks for the feedback.

How close are you when you see this "dot?" If you have to wipe the nose print off the screen afterward, I'd say step back and don't worry about it. I don't have the 55" but I have a Dish 622 connected via HDMI to an XBR2 70" and I see no dot.

You didn't mention what dish receiver you have. If this is only on the satellite input, then it isn't the TV. If you unplug the input from the TV (leaving a black screen), do you still see the dot?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Robbin,

Thanks for the reply. I have the digital sattelite box from dish. It's connected to the TV via the DMI to HDMI in the TV as input 6. The only time I see the dot is when the sattelite is connected. Strange.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.