AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm still new to the idea of getting a seperate amp for my HT system. Currently I have a Denon 2802 running Paradigm Mini-monitors for fronts, CC-370 center, and Atoms for surrounds.

I have been looking at getting a Parasound HCA-855A due to the quality and price. It seems like a good beginner amp etc. My question is....would this make a good improvement over my exisiting set-ups sound??? Does anyone have any experience with this particular amp??? Any input or advice would be helpful!!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Coop,

I use the 855A with the H/K 510 in a 12x17x8 room. The power duo drive 4 towers and a CC. I currently use 4 channels of the 855 to bi-amp my fronts with the CC getting the 5th. The rears are handled by the 510. Both pieces are rated similarly in power but I can tell you there is a definite difference with the amp addition. 41 lbs of 5 channel amp is not the same as 35 lbs of receiver. The most obvious area in terms of sound quality will be the greater degree of bass control and definition. But also easily noticeable to me were the increases in soundstage dimensions, low volume clarity and detail, smooth power delivery right up the scale, etc. This is a great entry level amp and makes for a no-brainer beginner investment in separates.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going with...seems like a good starting point. I think for my system it would be a perfect match. Now, I just have to find a place to put it...LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.