AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!! I am new in this forum..Was going through the posts to find as to which projector I should go for? I am a professional and I need to travel to many places to give presentations. Also I should be able to use it at home for a home theatre setup. My requirements are...

1) Very light in weight so that i can carry it easily ie it should be portable

2) Its brightness should be atleast 1500 ANSI Lumens

3) Budget around 250-350 pounds

After a lot of rearch i am planning to buy the Acer X1160 SVGA DLP Projector. I am getting it for £240 here checkcost.co.uk/acer-x1160-svga-dlp-projector/p/278144/keyword/acer%20x1160%20dlp%20projector/ (cant send the hyperlink since its my first post)

What do you say guys? Shall i go for it?

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
What's this got to do with Bluray?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
As I answered your identical post other forum.

You will probably not be happy with a SXGA projector for HT trying to stretch standard def movies across a large screen (though you don't give home screen size). Our normal screen diagonal is about 10 ft and standard def movies don't do well at that screen size.

At current rate of exchange (1 pound = approx 2 U.S. dollars) you should be able to find a good dual use XGA HD capable projector with a digital input (DVI or HDMI) within your budget.

Such a projector will do well in a business environment and also accept up scaled/up converted movie output from an up scaling capable dvd player and so be reasonable fun for home cinema dual use and look good on a large screen. We have a XGA business projector as our back up and it does an outstanding job of making standard def movies look very near HD @ 120 inch diagonal.

If you use a gray screen for home cinema then horizontal bands above and below the projected image will not be nearly as bothersome (IMO) than if using a white screen.

BTW and as already posted - What in the heck does your thread have to do with BluRay??? BTW - the SVGA projector model you referenced will not accept nor show HD output from a HD player.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts