AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently came to know this site and registered in it.

i am happy to say that i have learnt a lot about home theatres and Electronics in general. which would be a great help to me as i started planning for my home theatre.

but of more immediate concern right now might seem pretty silly to many of you. so please do not berate this thread if this might sound trivial but constructive help would be appreciated.

i live on a second floor of a 3 floor house into which i just moved. needless to say the insulation in the house is pretty poor especially in second floor.

even though floors 1 and 3 have wooden floors the second floor i live in is only sparsely carpeted without any wooden floor. the people below have a home theater with subwoofer which makes my floor vibrate a lot. needless to say my owner is not bothered and the first floor inmates are not bothered when i request them to turn it down they turn down the volume but the subwoofer is on and the vibrations are still bad.

is is possible that i can counter the vibrations in any way by getting a powerful subwoofer of my own and leaving it on during night playing bass at low volume. rolleyes: is it at all possible this way in theory aleast or am i just dreaming.

i am in the process of getting my own home theater system and am curretnly researching for it .

heck even if my problem is not solved atleast i will learn something about audio theory.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
It's a dream. You couldn't afford the equipment that would be needed to regenerate the same frequencies and levels, but in reversed phase (basically acoustical polarity) that would be necessary to cancel the vibrations - if it would work.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Larry Fine
It's a dream. You couldn't afford the equipment that would be needed to regenerate the same frequencies and levels, but in reversed phase (basically acoustical polarity) that would be necessary to cancel the vibrations - if it would work.

Larry check out www.meyersound.com and look at the PSW6 sub, its a concert system but John made it work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.