AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just getting started on the DIY stereo equipment.

I would like to build a small set of speakers to keep the cost of my first project at a reasonable cost.

Can anyone give me a suggestion on what KIT is available for entry level speaker building.

Here is what I am looking to do.

I want to focus on the cabinet building, so I would like a kit that already has the speakers and crossovers designed for me. I would like to follow a basic plan for the cabinets but will want to make some modifications to the design myself (may be this should come later).

Here are may skills:

Basic soldering, (I've built a Tube Pre-amp Kit)

Basic wood working (As with most my ability depends on the tools I have available), I've built a nice wooden center consol out of mahogany for my car (many many years ago.. It was a 74 pinto....). My home shop has basic Hand tools, I plan to purchase a biscuit cutter and router for this project(s). Are there any tools other then large table saws etc.. that would be recommended to have?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Check the high quality DIY thread. Teh Audax series is pretty good. Not too difficult, and they sound good. The surrounds are pretty sheap, and are a sealed design...

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've had good luck with kits and drivers from Madisound and PartsExpress. In addition, they both have active discussion boards with DIY'ers who have published their own designs on the Web. Two such sites I like are Roman Bednarek's and John Krutke's . Have fun!

- Peter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.