AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I'm using an old (but good) Wharfdale W60 3 way 12 inch speaker sys. for my center channel. I have to keep in 2 feet behind my 36" monitor to prevent magnetic distortion. Last night I decided to buy a Polk CSI30 center channel speaker on line. I don't have a ton of $$$ and after reading a few reviews, at $140.00 it seemed a good value. My question is: are two 5" drivers (and a small tweeter) going to provide enough substance to equal the amount of sound I'm getting from the Wharfdale? It seems there's plenty of material going to the center channel!! My other fronts are Acoustic Research AR3a's. The A/V receiver a Denon 1803

Thanks

·
Registered
568 Posts
It's certainly possible to have 2x 5" cones and a tweeter produce satisfying sound. I have a ProAc CC1 and I think it's about that order of magnitude, and it's an exellent speaker.

I think the bigger question is how well it will integrate with your existing AR3s. Ie what happens when sound pans from left to center to right- one wonders whether or not the timbre will change dramatically. I don't nkow any of your speakers, so I have no idea - but you should consider that carefully.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.