AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading the AVS Forum for several months and have learned so much. Thank you all!

I have a question about DirecTV, which I just got installed on Monday. I have searched the forum and the Internet and cannot find answers to my problem, but if it has already been addressed, please forgive me. I hope someone can provide me with an answer, or at least let me know if the following is possible.

I have Hughes E86 and GAEBOA receivers and have noticed when changing channels that the information banner at the top of the screen seems to stay on way too long, like 10 seconds. I hate to be so picky, but this is distracting for me, especially when flipping back and forth between two shows.

Does anyone know a way to shorten the time the display stays on? I'm aware that you can press the Clear or Exit buttons on the remote, but if you can just change the default for that somehow, it would be really cool.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
I just use the exit button it has gotten to the point where it is automatic for me now. But you are right it is distracting I am not sure if there is a way of speeding it up or not never really looked

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Steve. At least I know I'm not the only one. I will start programming my fingers to find that Exit button!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.