AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent the last few months lurking in the revered forum and have decided on the LT 150. My only concern is non anamorphic when it comes to local DTV (576i anamorphically squeezed.) Has anyone tried international import through Infinity Micro? Also think I will plug it to a Denon 2800. (Can't cope with HTPC.) Has anyone seen or read reports of this player on PAL progressive?

------------------

davidh

·
Registered
207 Posts
There is a thread at dvdplaza.com.au on the 2800 and if is can do progressive PAL or if it converts interlaced PAL into progressive NTSC. I believe there may be a hack to convert it to progressive PAL. Search the dvd forum on this site.

I'm an also interested in a LT-150 + 2800 set-up. Have you seen the 150 in action and how much $$ does it go for?

·
Registered
68 Posts
G'day dude.

It is imperative to see something in action for yourself.

One man's food is another man's poison! No-one here will argue with that. No FP is perfect, it is a matter of which faults irritate you less. Make an informed decision by comparing different species of FP. You are interested in the 2800 which means that quality is important to you.

And the LT150 is a great FP for the PRICE. It's all about value for money. This means that the less you pay, the more you compromise! With the state of our $AU, nothing is really cheap here anymore, which is all the more reason why you need to get it right the first time. You need to audition the more expensive FP in action as well, so when you finally decide on a breed, you are aware of the trade-offs you are making.

cheers.

------------------

Tertiary adjunct to Unimatrix Zero-One

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm an also interested in a LT-150 + 2800 set-up. Have you seen the 150 in action and how much $$ does it go for?

Thanks for the info on the Denon. I have watched the 150 in action at a Sydney wholesaler in totally uncontrolled conditions (ambient light, Projector not tweaked, you name it) and I was very impressed . It is a mile up from the Davis Cinema 10 for example with natural saturated colour and excellent contrast. I'va also auditioned the usual gamut of Runco CRTS (hate them) and the SONY 10HT (the Sony cheapies look almost as good) and the Sanyo PLV60 (15k here and I didn'y like it.) Audio Connection in Sydney has the LT150 on display in controlled conditions with a progressive DVD player and/or Iscan scaler. Have yet to see that. Don't know about other states. Local price here around 8000 AUD. By the way I note bad reports in this forum on Infinity Micro. Do you know of any other US Email suppliers to international customers?

------------------

davidh

·
Registered
68 Posts
Dave, Hi.

Since completing my HT, I've stopped lurking around AV stores. Admittedly, At the time I was auditioning, there wasn't any XGA DLP's around here in OZ. (SVGA only).

I was not impressed at all with any(5) of them. My eyes are particularly susseptible(spell ch) to pixellation and believe it or not, I didn't like the rainbow effect from them. We all comented on the rainbow phenomenon and accepted it as part of the technology. The 10HT has over 1 million 24bit pixels of information when watching dvd's.

With this kind of res, The screen door effect is a non-issue in our case, we sit about 18 feet back from the 9 and a half foot screen. Even with an XGA 4x3 FP (watching dvd's), you are using only half the res of the 10HT.

Low CR is my main trade-off with MY purchase.

PS, I got my 10HT for under 10G.

PPS, what are you after from Infinity-Micro?

cheers.

------------------

Tertiary adjunct to Unimatrix Zero-One

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.