AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a search and study but can't quite find an answer. Please help.

I have a speaker system throughout my house but with only one speaker feed (output hookup) which is in the family room. I want to move my entertainment equipment to another room that doesn't have a connection for outputing a signal to the speakers.

In other words....my equipment will be in one room..and access to the speaker system through out the house will be in another.

Short of running a wire from one room to the other...is there another way of doing this with good results. Maybe a good wireless transfer system or something that I haven't thought of.....which would be just about anything.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump!

Anyone out there with any ideas please? I know it's a simple question but an answer of some sort or some better ideas for doing this sort of thing, just to get me started, would be appreciated

Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Hmm,

Wireless loses some fidelity, but for oudoor speakers it doesn't matter since the acoustics are bad and the speakers are built more for the weather and less for perfect sound.

Sounds like you are going to need to drill some holes or run some wire under the house.

Seth

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
There's only two solutions. 1) run wire, 2) use some wireless mod that will provide crappy sound.

Learn to run wire! What are you, a mouse or a man?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

That's what I figured but wanted to see if technology gave me a viable alternative to running wires.

I don't have a basement. The two rooms are on separate floors on top of one another with I don't know how many studs, flooring, radiant heat , etc...in between the floors, so wiring is gonna be difficult. That's why I thought I'd pick some brains here first.

Thanks for the help.

(sigh) Where'd I put my Sony Walkman?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.