AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just to give you some background, I'm 23 and used to work in bestbuy and have always loved home theater/Audio. I have Since moved on and acquired a house with a good sized basement so i figured why not. This was my first attempt at a serious theater and wanted something more geared for audio. I would appreciate any comments and tips to make it better, or anything to help me with the next one i build.

The Equipment List.

Pioneer Elite VSX21- Powers the front three.

Yamaha HTR 5730 - Powers rear 4

Optoma HD65 - got on a deal couldnt pass up.

Front L/R - Def tech sm350's (Behind Screen)

Center - CLR2002 stood upright (Behind Screen)

Sides/Rears - 2 pairs of monoprice in walls 8" versions

Seymour Av Screen Material.

Custom HTPC With 8TB's running XBMC.

Xbox360 / PS3

Wired IR extender kit.

The sound is amazing and the picture has great color and contrast, I may end up with the new HD33 just for the 3d.

And Now The Pictures.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forget to mention I have two subs a 10" Polk which is terrible and an 8" generic brand, that is the one area where i am super unhappy. As for laser disc i do know those and VHS, We actually found a old pioneer laser disc player under a base deck in our store and i almost crapped myself. When this dies I'm thinking the HD33 or Sharp is what i am going to replace it with.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea that's the skin Aeon MQ2 i believe i have since changed, but ill edit this with an update when i get home today. The screen in the closet mimics the projector. Any other questions please ask, your guys advice is what helped me build this and i know i am a newbie but i want to get some advice and would love to help out anyway possible.

Edit: Yea it was Aeon MQ2, I'm now using a different skin though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.