AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to figure out what I should do here, any help is appreciated.

I had the Infinity Primus 3-ways in my cart at 99.00 and I stupidly didn't realize they were on sale, they're now 167.00.

In that price range, what should I be looking at right now for floorstanding front speakers? Is there something generally accepted as 'better' for the money?

There are some Klipsch KSF 10.5 for sale on Craigslist in town, is that something I should look at?

This is for a basement home theater room with a projector. I am open to upgrading later on down the road, but I'd like to get something decent enough to tide me over for a while.

Thank you for any help anyone can offer.

Matt

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to figure out what I should do here, any help is appreciated.

I had the Infinity Primus 3-ways in my cart at 99.00 and I stupidly didn't realize they were on sale, they're now 167.00.

In that price range, what should I be looking at right now for floorstanding front speakers? Is there something generally accepted as 'better' for the money?

There are some Klipsch KSF 10.5 for sale on Craigslist in town, is that something I should look at?

This is for a basement home theater room with a projector. I am open to upgrading later on down the road, but I'd like to get something decent enough to tide me over for a while.

Thank you for any help anyone can offer.

Matt
I went back and read the FAQ so I am adding more info.

Current Center: Infinity Beta C360
Surrounds: Infinity Beta ES250
Sub: JBL Venue SUB12
Receiver: Looking at buying 'Sony STR-DH740 7.2 Channel 4K AV Receiver'

I primarily will be watching movies with this setup.

This is all going in a fairly large carpeted room. I don't have measurements right at the moment.

I will listen to the speakers beforehand, I'm just trying to get a feel for what I should be looking at, and if there is a clear winner in price/value. I heard that the 'Klipsch RF-42 ii' were a good buy at $149.00, but maybe the older 'Klipsch KSF 10.5' for 200.00-250.00 for the pair is a better buy.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
the Infinity Primus p363 are on sale for 99/each on a pretty regular basis...if those are what you want, just wait a couple weeks!

·
Banned
5,183 Posts
Are you in new mexico by any chance? I've got a pair of beta 50's I don't know what to do with. But I'm not gonna try to ship them. If you end up getting the primus I can tell you that match up pretty well with the beta's. I had the 2 beta 50's for left and right with a primus 363 as center speaker and the results were pretty good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you in new mexico by any chance? I've got a pair of beta 50's I don't know what to do with. But I'm not gonna try to ship them. If you end up getting the primus I can tell you that match up pretty well with the beta's. I had the 2 beta 50's for left and right with a primus 363 as center speaker and the results were pretty good.
I'm not in New Mexico, kind of wish I was because that would have worked out awesome! The beta 50s are what I originally wanted, but the wall I had my TV on back then didn't have the space to fit the TV and the 50s, so I had to get skinnier speakers.

I was kind of hoping someone would say that I could spend $150.00 each and get an upgrade from the p363s, but as of right now it sounds like I am better off waiting for them to drop back down to $99.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts