AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finally in the HDTV age as I got my HD receiver this week. I was able to watch the Arkansas/Alabama game and Touched by an Angel yesterday on CBS and The Practice tonight on ABC. First, my setup:

KP53HS10

Toshiba DST3000

I'm not sure if my question relates directly to the HS10 or not but.... Why does the picture seem to drop out for a second during fast moving sequences? One time I noticed it was during the CBS promo for HD with all of the stars of their primetime lineup. I also notice it during other commercials. It doesn't happen during the show or game, just commercials. The reason it annoys me so much is when it happens the display on the TV comes on and says Video 5, and 1080i. During the show tonight I would get the drop-out, but the display wouldn't come on when they would go to certain camera angles. Other times the picture would seem to "roll" once, kind of like watching a slide projector.

Why does this happen and is there anything I can do about it? HS10 owners - is there a setting (maybe in the service menu) to disable the display from coming on every time?

Unrelated question - the football game looked fantastic, and Touched by an Angel looked great. The Practice looked great as well, but not as good as the other 2. Is the picture not as good because of the 720p conversion to 1080i, or is Touched by an Angel recorded with HD cameras while the Practice isn't?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,643 Posts
Call Sony At Your Service and tell them your set loses sync on Video 5 from HDTV sources, and you need factory mod 442R1.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.