AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read so many articles yet I'm still lost... please point me in the right direction if you can.

I have a Sony KP-43HT20 4:3 HDTV, book says it should do 480i and 1080i, for occasional web browsing I wanted to hook up an HTPC, I'm not too worried about DVD and all that but would like a reasonable resolution clear desktop.

I've bought an Audio Authority 9A60 to conver to Pb Pr Y and have two graphics cards, an TNT Riva 32mb or a Matrox G450 Dual Head, I also installed PowerStrip.

Working mainly with the G450 I can get the TV to display but the quality is poor and it is badly over scanned (over? off the sides and top?). It appears that my TV always letterboxes HD input as such I'm not sure if I'll ever fill the whole screen. I've read posts about fiddling in the system menu to make it full screen but that seems a little scary.

Can someone give me an idea of what are realistic expectations? Will it always be fuzzy? Should I quit now or keep spending and get a different graphics card?

I'd really like to hear from someone with the same or a similar TV and understand what I should expect to achieve or gain any guidance. I've followed the FAQ, I got 960x540 to work but the quality was poor.

Should I blame the TV and quit?

Should I blame the graphics card and risk another $90 or quit now and cut my losses?

Help!

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.