AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp ive just about given up on my htpc and daliy recording. Ever since ati came out with that mmc that has the video soap for the aiw ve my captures keep disapearing. Not just the last ep recorded, some times its just a radom ep that disapears and cannot be recovered.

So was looking into a standalone dvd recorder. A recorder would save me time as i wouldnt have to transfer the files from one pc to the pc with the dvdr drive ( ever tryed to edit video with a wireless setup?), then compile the dvd, then burn it.

I was wondering if there was a recorder out there that did good svcd vbr quality for cable recordings (right now, no sat yet, wrong side of house) and would have some type of menu, and maybe a chapter enter button like the sony minidiscs used to do. Progressive out is a requrement for my sanyo z1, but i can use my main dvd player for that I think.

So does anyone want to help my out with a recorder with a good tuner? I dont really need a built in hd, if its a show i really like i could just rip the dvd to the pc and then reburn it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.