AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi all,

I am very new to this home theatre / audio systems . I did couple of impulse buys which are Klipsch KB-15 speakers and Onkyo RC-560 receiver. I thought of starting with center channel, front speakers and a sub and learn before expanding to a 7.1 system. I got a suggestion about this forum from a friend and I thought of asking for suggestions for a center channel and a sub .  Is it better to always goes with the same brand for the speakers or can i try to see a better trade off for money vs spec to get a better deal? Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
The center channel should timbre match with your front left/right speakers. That generally means buying a speaker from the same make/model series as the left/right since it would be near impossible to guess at a timbre match from another manufacturer. So a Klipsch Icon speaker.

What is your sub budget? And definitely don't impulse buy one from your local retailer. There are really good deals for subs on the Internet if you know where to look.

And how big is your room, including any open spaces. That determines how much sub you need to buy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

thanks a lot for the reply. I will search for a klipsch center channel.

I had a budget of $200-250 for sub . I live in apartment and it has living room 12 by 14. but it has open and connected to kitchen and dining area. total will be 22 x 16.

thanks again for help.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
Definitely some good different sub options for you. The Aviano 7 is a good buy, but a touch more than you are looking to spend. BIC F12 is around $200.

Best thing to do would be to read around in the AVS budget subwoofer discussion thread , and then ask questions

·
Registered
19,821 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundlearner  /t/1519696/newbie-help-onkyo-rc-560-and-kb-15-setup#post_24431459

thanks a lot for the reply. I will search for a klipsch center channel.

I had a budget of $200-250 for sub . I live in apartment and it has living room 12 by 14. but it has open and connected to kitchen and dining area. total will be 22 x 16.

If you can stretch it - the Mordaunt Short Aviano 7 sub is a nice one, and is

free shipping with free subwoofer cable.
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/MORDAVI7BL/Mordaunt-Short-Aviano-7-10-175-Watt-Powered-Subwoofer-Black/1.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks for the replies..both of you have recommended aviano 7.. i saw the KC-25 center channel for $150 in bestbuy. so,  i will push the money for the woofer..  i will also go through the thread about the budget woofers now..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts