AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please excuse my ignorance but I've been trying to find information on this all over the net. I have a Proxima DP 2300 LCD desktop projector which I currently plug to my laptop via the VGA to that strange large parrallel port looking end. My question is this, can I connect my projector to a VCR? If so, how? Do I need a cable or adaptor? Where can I purchase one? Do you guys recommend any specific brand or merchant? My projector also has a RS232 input in the back. Can I trying connecting it that route? Any and all leads are greatly welcomed. I'll even RTFM if you can point me in the direction of one as I bought my projector on ebay and it did not come with any paperwork.

Thanks,

[email protected]

·
Registered
457 Posts
zenoge,

I don't have any direct experience with your projector either, but I'll take a stab at it.

First off, the serial RS-232 connector is for control only. You cannot use it for connecting video signals in any way regardless of the connector type or any adaptor.

It looks like the standard model accepts RGB(HV) type signals (this is NOT the same thing as component!), and by virtue of the special Y cable they provide, it gets the signals wired-up in the right way to their special "computer" (looks like a DB25) connector.

It appears that the s-VHS and composite video in are optional for this projector. If you have these, you should be able to connect your VCR using either the s-VHS (SVideo) or the video out connector. If you do NOT have this option, you can either try to get it, or you will need a transcoder to convert the VCR's s-video or composite signal to a VGA compatible signal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.