AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm new to projectors. I love a big screen so I bought an optoma HD20 . I should be receiving it in an a hour( can't wait!), but when I do I wanna make my own screen. Any recommendations ? I was looking at the wilsonart designer white and looks pretty good. By the way is this projector any good? I'm wanna put it in my room which is 14'8.5"x12'2". I want the screen on 12'2". What's the biggest screen I can use and how far does the pj has to be. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
257 Posts

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,840 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky /forum/post/19528136

Hi guys I'm new to projectors. I love a big screen so I bought an optoma HD20 . I should be receiving it in an a hour( can't wait!), but when I do I wanna make my own screen. Any recommendations ? I was looking at the wilsonart designer white and looks pretty good. By the way is this projector any good? I'm wanna put it in my room which is 14'8.5"x12'2". I want the screen on 12'2". What's the biggest screen I can use and how far does the pj has to be. Thanks in advance

Here are some concrete answers.

PJ's lens at 11' 2"

Center of Lens is 8.1" from the Top of the Screen area (inverted)

Max Screen size: 103" diagonal. ( 51" x 90" )

Run the Optoma on Low Lamp....because you'll have a lot of ;umens going onto that WA-DW.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Panky -

I built my own screen with a sheet of plastic laminate over a pine frame. It works great and is pretty bulletproof. I finished out my basement myself and my walls are not perfect, so I decided against the paint-on screen.

There are some great instructions on here about how to build out a screen.

I used a piece of Wilsonart laminate I bought from home depot and glued it to a pine frame I made. If you're still intersted I can fill you in on some more of the details.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts