AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks. I was hoping to get some help and ideas from you all.

I am in the market to purchase a projector and screen to replace my 52" DLP. Currently I am looking at the HD20 but please let me know if it doesn't sound like the right projector for me.

I am attaching a PDF that shows my room dimensions and oddities. The one thing that stands out to me is that everything seems to be at a fixed vertical offset. As you can see from my room, I would like to get a screen that rose higher up the front wall. To do that, and mount it from the 8' ceiling in the back, it appears I would need a projector with mechanical lens shift. Is that correct?

I would love to be able to get a 66" x 120" screen (135" diag) for this room, but if the proj doesn't have a mechanical shift, that would put the bottom of the screen 1 - 1.5' from the floor, would it not? That would seem to waste my nice tall front wall.

Does the HD20 have a mechanical lens shift? Am I right in needing one? Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I appreciate any comments. Thank you very much.

BonusRoomSketch.pdf 9.044921875k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry folks, talking out loud here. I am answering some of my own questions.

So, apparently the Optoma H20 does NOT have a lens shift feature. As such, if I ceiling mounted on my 8' ceiling, with a 10.6" offset, if I found a 6" Ceiling mount, my 135" screen would be about 12" off the ground. That would just be too low, especially for the rear viewers.

I am guessing the answer is no, but are there any sub $1200 projectors with a lens shift? I would absolutely love a 135" screen whos bottom edge starts about 24"-30" from the ground. It appears the only way I can do that in my room is with a lens shift. Am I correct?

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
Nearly all LCOS and/or LCD projectors have robust lens shift....

I have been eye'n a Sanyo 1080p LCD on major close out of Best Buy for way under $1K...

Some of the benQ DLP projectors have vertical lens shift just not horizontal like the LCOS and LCD projectors as they have both.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.