AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I am a complete newbie to HDTV so forgive me if this question comes out stupid. I have recently moved into a new townhome where the dish is already on the roof. The odd thing is that from the backyard and deck, I can not tell if its an elliptical dish (as it is at an angle and even circles look elliptical at an angle!), however I did notice it had a 4x4 switch on the back. I have been trying to get a hold of the previuos homeowner the past few days but haven't heard back.

Questions:

1. Does the 4x4 multiswitch attached to the back of the dish guarantee that its an elliptical dish?

2. Right now I have my old DirecTV (non-HD receiver). Is there any way I can tell if a Sat-C LNB is already on the dish? Right now I have no way to get up on the roof and see the front of the dish.

3. From reading others posts, I noticed something about signal strengths and transponders, can I tell from my DirecTV (Sony) receiver menu system if Sat-C is installed and receiving signals? Which transponder #'s to look at?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just read a little more on transponders in the forum. Quick question, is Sat C (110) only for SHO-HD as of yet? The other HD channels are coming off 119? As long as I have an elliptical dish with the Sat B 119 LNB I would just need an HD DirecTV receiver to at least view HDNet correct?

Thanks,

·
Registered
552 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ahsan
As long as I have an elliptical dish with the Sat B 119 LNB I would just need an HD DirecTV receiver to at least view HDNet correct?
Correct.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.