AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just starting the research/evaluation phase of my HT purchase. I see a lot of comments about the "consumer" or the "commercial" versions of various manufacturer's plasma panels.

What are the major differences and is there one I should consider over the other?

Tim

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the link.

One thing that I read is that the consumer Panasonic is supposed to have a 1 year in house warranty but the commercial one is only a 1 year carry-in warranty.

However, when I called up a couple of on-line stores (they both said that they were authorized Panasonic dealers), including one of this site's sponsors, they both told me that if I bought the consumer model from them, I would only have a 1 year carry-in warranty, just like the commercial model.

One of them also said that this is true for all consumer models bought on-line. Is this correct ? :confused:

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have not heard this before and frankly, doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Panasonic has not announced any restrictive policy on Internet selling of their consumer plasmas such as Pioneer or Fujitsu and once you purchase the set, it should not make any difference as to where you purchased it from since you'll be dealing with Panasonic directly anyways. Which site sponsor told you this?

Spleen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.