AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on putting together a HTPC. I already have a SB Audigy cound card, STR-DE945 Receiver, and a ATI Radeon 128MB DDR video card. I will be hooking the PC up to a 51H83 Toshiba HD RPTV. I am open to all recommendations for my HTPC setup.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Giza,

There are too numerous of possibilities here and you made no mention of want you want out of your HTPC. Your best answers will come from searching this forum for ideas and solutions. IE: Search on HTPC cases (couple of great threads on that), mobos, memory ect. Also there is now a sticky for Free Killer Apps which contains a lot of software members use. I have been reading and searching for quite a few weeks now to get my latest component list together to build my first HTPC. Many pros and cons on hardware and you are the only one that can filter that knowledge properly to get exactly what you want out of an HTPC. Based on my searches and reading the hardest part really appears to be in the software and tweaking your setup. If you want answers here be specific in your questions and you will get better results. Until then happy searching ...the knowledge is definitely here! Best of luck!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eventually I want to have my HTPC be a PVR, Music Jukebox, be able to browse the Internet all from my TV. My main concern is if I can use my SB Audigy card without having to purchase another sound card. I have a STR-DE945 that has optical connections in the back. Is there a way to connect my sound card to the receiver and what type of cable will I need?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.