AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an X1 and with Svideo cable I am happy with the results. However, I purchased the component breakout RCA to VGA so I can play progressive scan through my Cambridge sound works AVS500 DVD player. But I cant seem to get it to work. On my component out of my DVD player the three out puts are labeled Y, Cb/Pb. & Cr/Pr. My question is where do I plug in my Red, Green, And Blue RCA cables? I have tried I believe all color combinations to no avail. Also, I assume I would hit the computer button on the X1 as opposed to the video button. I have switched my DVD player for progressive & 16x9 (Which was a pain since my old tv cannot read progressive and I lost my ability to navigate in the set up). I would really appreciate any help you can give me. I thank you in advanced!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was finally able to get a picture, X1 says 480p but now it is ghosting and the picture almost looks doubled can anyone give me some advice on how to correct this? Thank You

·
Registered
500 Posts
If I had to guess I would say your dvd player is still in interlace mode.....

(not sure why since you changed it.....)

It's either that or your cables are wrong. You could also have a bad cable.....

·
Registered
466 Posts
Try connecting this way,

Red-Cr/Pr

Blue-Cb/pb

Green-Y

I believe it was posted on the Official X1 thread (pretty long)

Good luck!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Several of us have had this problem. The X1 will only accept a progressive signal through the VGA port. You need to make sure that your DVD Player is sending a 480p signal. I have a Panny XP50, and there are (2) places in settings you need to make sure are switched to Progressive. I only found it by reading the manual for the DVD Player. You should probably do the same unless someone here has that same DVD Player. You may want to even call the manufacturer if you can't find it.

I did alot of swearing until I got mine set, but the final result was well worth it.

MQ25

·
Registered
906 Posts
Can any Component to VGA adaptor work with the X1 or is it special order from Infocus?

Can it be purchaced from a computer store?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Mquinn25,

That link does not show me what adaptor you are using. Do you have a part number?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.