AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been listening to B&W 683s and CM8s at good hi-fi shops recently, and, since I'm new to audiophile-level speakers and have listened to crap for most of my adult life, listening to them was a revelation and I'm about ready to buy. But can someone give me a sense of the difference between the sound of these speakers and PSB T Towers or the PSB Image T6s w/ NAD C-375 (150 watt integrated) amp? I have a chance to listen to the PSBs and judge for myself, but I would appreciate hearing what experienced audiophiles think of the differences?

Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm no audiophile, but the PSBs had a little warmer sound to me...they were my favorite and I was ready to buy the T5s, but I cannot go with towers since the wife wants wall mounts (to be honest, she's right, towers next to the fireplace in our setup would look like crap). I thought the T6 were very nice (almost too much bass), but didn't like (have the resources) the idea of having to plug both speakers into the wall.

Now the Totem bookshelf speakers (Mani Sig 2 IIRC) blew my mind, but were WAY out of my price range!

Again, I'm a newbie like you, but that was my take...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.