Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I'm putting together a hometheater system and I'm kind of running myself into a corner. I recently bought a Sony D50Q projector and want to take full advantage of the rgbhv input. Originally I was planning to hook up a progressive scan dvd player, a Dish 811 HD reciever, and an xbox to this projector. After much pondering I decided to build an HTPC for DVD playback instead.

My problem is how to run cables. Outputting from the HTPC to the projector is fairly simple, but knowing what to do with the other two devices (both component) has me somewhat stumped.

As of right now the best plan I have is to run a vga from the HTPC to a switch box and then to the projector via a breakout cable. the reciever and xbox would plug into my HT reciever and output to a component to vga transcoder, then vga to the switch.

Is this my only viable option?

I've already spent a lot putting this system together and would prefer not to have to buy a transcoder if I could help it.

If anyone knows any better and/or cheaper way of doing this with out sacrificing picture quality, I'd be most greatful for the info.

Thanks

-HarBlar

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After doing a little more searching I came up with another possible solution.

Is there any type of PCI video card that would have a progressive component input and allow it to passthrough to the main video cards vga out. In theory this would be much more effective, eliminating the need for a vga switch and handling the transcoder aspect all in one.

Anyone have any thoughts or know of any products capable of achieving this?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.