AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys, here is my setup, I have pre-wired our first new house for whole house audio. Background noise only not SS. but i have became very confused since doing some info gathering. I am using 16g cl rated wire throughout the process. OK here is my confusion, I have 2 conductor wire running from my master closet (where my basic a/v rec. is) to my leviton box in our rec. room, from there I would like to place an audio distribution hub and output to my volume controls in each room.I have pre-wired to a volume control in each room then back up and rolled up in ceiling for future use. I have purchased the speakers below to get my system started I understand how to install the dual channel speaker by itself but when I ordered a pair for the back deck it says this

(The single speaker (PWRC62) is a dual channel speaker: this speaker has both a left and right channel to provide stereo sound.

The pair (PWRC61) is a right speaker and a left speaker: it takes both speakers to provide stereo sound.)

Now I am lost when it comes to hook these pair of speakers up. I only have my 16g 2 conductor in ceiling above deck running back down to my volume control in kitchen then running to my leviton box.Do I just go from 1 spaeker to the other or what? Or should I send them back and get just the single 8 inch duel channel? Any help would be great. Thanks Greg

Below is the speakers

alloutdoorspeaker.com/pro1328231.html

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
If I am reading your post correctly, you ran 1 dual conductor wire to each location - thus a mono system. For stereo, you would have run 2 dual conductors cables to each room location giving you the "left + and -" and the "right + and -" connections.

Did you run a single dual conductor wire ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, Looks like I will be returning these and getting the single dual tweeter speakers for all rooms.will that work, Would that give me stereo sound? Or is mono sound alright just for background noise? Looking to stay around 50 bucks for each speaker. Then the majority I can spend on a nice surround speakers. Wife just wanted some music throughout the house while cleaning or relaxing. Thanks Greg

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
if you still have the option to run more in-wall wiring, then you may want to consider wiring for a whole-house distribution system, even if that might be sometime off in the future. One successful system depends on a pair of 2 conductor speaker wires to each location and a CAT5 cable to a single gang wall outlet box for the control box. All of this home-runs to the one central equipment location. You will not need the CAT5 control run if you just want to feed the same stereo source to all locations at the same time......but if you even think that you might want to run multiple sources to multiple rooms and select between them at the individual room location...the CAT5 control run will allow that if already installed in a single gang outlet box and just waiting under a blank cover plate.

here is a link to a system using that wiring arrangement and the instructional material on site is very good as well http://www.htd.com/whole-house-audio...4Pa38Ta38PbN50

And, if you are satisfied to just get that extra 2 conductor cable to each room, then you will need to home-run all the cables to a common location and hook them to an inpedance protecting speaker selection switch. You can't just hook all the various speakers to a single set of "Zone B" speaker connections on the back of an a/v receiver or amplifier. The combined impedance of all those speakers will drive the resulting impedance of the whole circuit so low you will quickly burn out the output amplifiers in your receiver.

sorry, probably more information than you wanted, but I thought you might want to be aware of the options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts