AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 3.1 setup coming but I just need to find a sub but thats not my main issue. My main issue is that I need an receiver and I have looked @ the integra dtr 20.3-- my thoughts are it sounded great has almost all the features I need that I am aware of. 2nd is the denon 2112CI or 1912, Had a 2308CI for a short while in the past and liked it but returned it as @ the time didnt have the $$ or space for a theater system. my main concern is do i need multi EQ vs 2EQ and what are my other options in the sub $700 price range that I maybe overlooking.

Edit... my speakers are a polk monitor 60 and a cs2 center with a yet to be determined sub, also a thought is that to my knowledge multiEQ will do better with dynamic volume(??) @ low listening levels... I'm in an apartment and i dont want to disturb my neighbors but I think I maybe overconcerned as I NEVER heard there music or tv's.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^

you already started one thread on this... why are you starting another?

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Yes you need multi-eq over 2eq. Also look at the Yamaha A2000 which uses a different eq system altogether but does also eq 1 or 2 subs. Also quit worrying about your neighbors, get the AVR that fits your needs and turn the volume down. Easy enough to do. If you have to buy something that won't bother your neighbors get an Ipod and a good set of headphones.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The yamaha is nice but its WAY out of my price range... MAX i want to go is $700. I heard a good rule of thumb is have ur speakers cost 1.5 to 2x as much as the receiver. AFAIK the Denon's are the only ones that offer the multiEQ at that price range, correct?

·
Registered
22,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekjunkie28 /forum/post/0

cant get any good answers, i need direct advise

you got good answers. what specifically else were you looking for? if you can tell us that, it would help...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im looking for something to last me years but have good sound quality for around $700, good warrenty and whatnot. I have authorized denon and integra dealers here, I dont know if that matters really. The speakers i have currently are polk monitor60 and a CS2 center. still looking for subs.

·
Registered
7,809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekjunkie28 /forum/post/20972813

Im looking for something to last me years but have good sound quality for around $700

The Yamaha A2000 is on sale at many BB's for that or less. Check with one in your area. They do price matching. Go over to the Yamaha A1000/2000/3000 thread and see the prices that many are getting for the A2000. Some even list their places of purchase. They are out there for that $700 or less. Heck there are people getting the A1000 for less than $400. Go for the A2000 at the least from Yamaha. Or the Denon route with one that has at least Multi-Eq. There is also the Marantz 6005 to consider. AudioAdvisor has those for less than your budget. Also there is a lot of Onkyo's that fit your budget although I would look at the other brands and models at this time. One of those would be last choice until they prove they will last longer than they have been recently.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I call a the 2 BB stores in my area tomorrow to see what they have, Not a particular fan of yamaha. Had a rx-v391?? powering 2 sony towers and sats for a pc and it sounded like like crap which i didnt realize until I upgrade to an Onkyo (can remember model) open box special bought from circuit city. The marantz looks good. How does it compare to denon in sounding?

·
Registered
7,809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekjunkie28 /forum/post/20972923

I call a the 2 BB stores in my area tomorrow to see what they have, Not a particular fan of yamaha. Had a rx-v391?? powering 2 sony towers and sats for a pc and it sounded like like crap which i didnt realize until I upgrade to an Onkyo (can remember model) open box special bought from circuit city. The marantz looks good. How does it compare to denon in sounding?

You can't compare the Aventage series from Yamaha to something like the 391. Also doubt that the 391 was the problem, more than likely the speakers. The Denon and Marantz should be very close to sounding alike. When you get to systems today its going to be comparing AVRs and their Eq programs more than any of them sounding different from another. Multi-Eq from each AVR will sound very much alike. And so on and so on. YPAO will sound different than an Eq program like Audyssey or MCACC. Just get one that eq's the sub(s) and leave the others alone. If it eq's the sub it will be a better version of a Eq program. Sony speakers? You are kidding right? I don't believe anything can make Sony speakers sound good. As for the Onkyo doing it I think you were perceiving more volume as sounding good. JMHO. Don't by any means think that the Yamaha's will not work. That's just limiting your options on some very good equipment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts