AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the adapter that is 25pin to 15pin HD from Jason Berg. He was fantastic in his response time - thanks Jason if you are reading this. Now, I have a problem with my setup.

Here is what I have so far - a DVD player connected to a DVDO iScan Pro using S-video connection. Then output the line doubled signal thru a HD15 connection from the iScan to the 25pin RGB2 input of the projector. Set input switch on the PJ to rgb2, and ... there is a fantastic image on the screen - sharp, nice colors, etc.

However, when I play a DVD, the picture does not seem as wide as I think it can be. My reason for saying this is that it appears as though there is gray around the projected image on all 4 sides. This does not happen when I send the image to my rp tv. I think I am not using the full raster width (I wonder if this is the right term to use here?? - I am not really very technically literate!) I know for sure that it is not the iscan that is causing the problem.

Can anyone tell me if there is some tweak that I can do to make use of the full capacity of the projector.

Thanks.

·
Registered
16,644 Posts
Nandu ,

-- check your PM's .

-- This is normal when going from composite to RGB [ it shrinks ] , the set up must be done again with the RGB connection , [ try to use AVIA or the Sound & Vision dvd played from the source ] don't use the internal grid patterns while using the RGB input - setting up from the source is always the best .

--- Best of Luck [ keep me posted ;) ] ,

--- Jason Berg

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
alarmist??????????????

It should have been almost !!!!!!!

Koldby

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow!!!! That eboyztoyz site is just fantastic!

What a guy to take so much effort to make so

much info available to the public. What I need to know

is his info pertains to a VPH1031 but my projector is

a 1030Q1... so..

Is everything on his site relevant for me?

or what items do I need to be really worried about

on the set-up and configuration that could be different

from his model and mine...

Thanks so much for the help... this forum is awesome.

·
Registered
223 Posts
That site is absolutely for the 1030 as well - yes.

I have a 1030 myself.

Hopefully the serial number on your 1030 is 501xxxx and not 500xxxx??

If it is 500xxxx you could very easily smoke th PJ with a linedoubled signal.

And look for a set of HD-144 (or HD-6) glass lenses, as there is a big difference in picture quality between the plastic lenses standard on the 1030 and the glass lenses.

1031 has glass lenses and will scan to 36Khz.

Koldby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.