AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of hooking up my new Zenith receiver and I seem to be running into a snag. I haven't hooked up the dish yet, only the OTA signal. I have a strong signal on all the digital channels. Unfortunately, when I switch to 1080i on the Zenith, I lose the video. Any solutions?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
153 Posts
What output are you using on the Zenith? The 1080i will only work on the component or RGB outputs. Does your TV accept 1080? Panasonics don't.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the component cables connected out of the Zenith. I've tried other cables and it still didn't work.

·
Registered
780 Posts
The Zenith does not output 480i through the component outputs at all, so if you are seeing video on that setting it is via the S-Video or Composite output. Check your cabling, and make sure that the TV input settings are really set to the component input and not the S-Video, RF or composite.

Tony

·
Super Moderator
18,436 Posts
If you're not seeing anything through the component cables, you might have the component/RGB switch set to RGB. But it does sound like you're only using the composite video and not the Y-Pb-Pr outputs.

Doc

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks so much for all your help. I had the green and blue component cables reversed. Today I'll complete the wiring of the dish and aligning all three satellite. Wish me luck. :rolleyes:

Thanks again.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.