AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i'm new to home theater but not to films.

i 'm currently constructing a home theater in the garage, about 12' by 8' .the equipment i have accuired so far is :

projector sony 1270qm (will be floor mounted)

screen 84" (16:9) dalite

quadscan pro

pioneer dv-09 (region 1)

sony dvp-s7000 (multi region ntsc)

denon avc-a1

denon avd 1000

mordant short speaker, front , centre, rears

rel 100 sub

cable - advice needed will be around 12 feet long hd-15 to 5 bnc

feel free to comment on current items or suggest upgrades

none of this is in position or been tested all together

i'm on a small budget about £ 500 left ($750) all the above equipment has been collected for a total of about £ 1500 ( $2000-$2200)

i will be watching about 95% ntsc dvd and 5% sat

thankyou for taking time to reply

Mark

·
Registered
294 Posts
Looks like your set. The only thing I would suggest is that you get a calibration disc such as Avia or Video Essentials, if you don't already have one. Enjoy!!

Now, you don't really want us to suggest upgrades do you? We could easily send you to bankruptcy court. :D

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the kind words, i have the avia setup disc.

the upgrades i had in mind were small ones that all you experienced home theater uses may have noticed.

at least i'm going in the right direction

thanks

Mark

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Even with monty tubes, I would run the Quadscan in line tripling mode rather than quadrupling. Try both, but I thik you'll be sharper in tripling mode.

For about $200, you could get an Extron 202 booster to bring the Quad signal output up a bit. It'll punch up the image a bit.

Curt

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Curt

could you please tell me the best place to purchase an extron 202 for $200, as in the uk one place is selling them for £ 1000 about $ 1400.

thanks

Mark

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Mount the PJ on the ceiling. It'll be right against the back wall so you'll have to sit beside it. This'll give you only 2 good seats, if you put 4 seats in, the 2 front will be too close.

My 2 cents

Wes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.