AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.... I could spend DAYS reading all of this great information...

Here is my situation... I was an LCD guy for a long time and decided to pick up an CRT.

I was able to get a Barco Data 800 projector. Here are my initial observations:

1. I love the modular design and the ability to simply swap out parts.

2. My unit will not power up. When this has happened in the past, where do you start? I figured I would replace the PS board with a working one.

3. I pulled the lenses off and to my surprize, the tubes look great. There is some slight wear on the blue tube but I would thaink that is to be expected. I am unsure if this wear is enough to be noticed with the unit on... I will wait and see.

4. I need a roadcase! If anyone can help, I would appreciate it!

I was able to download the owners manual and the service manual online so I think I will be all set.

I have convereged a CRT projector in the past, so I am willing to give this one a shot.

Any help or advice you all may offer would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Scott

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
First off, is the set completely, off, or does the red LED on the back of the input panel light red? When you press standby, does it go green? do the fans spin?

Curt

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
OK, two possibilities. You have a bad SMPS (761736 board), or one of the fuses is blown on the AC input board, the small board with the 110/220V connectors on it, next to the SMPS. Pull that small board out, at the bottom there are two fuses, 5 or 10 amp I think.

If they are original fuses, they'll be filled with sand, so you need a continuity tester to check them.

Also check those fuse holders. I've had two develop bad connections between the holders and the fuses.

Curt

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your prompt reply.

I will check the fuses when I get home. I have pulled the ps board out and have looked it over and nothing looks remarkable on it, but like I said, I am no technician.

Just to claify, the fuses you are talking about are on the board right next to the power supply? Is it a small, half size board that is located on the left side (as your looking at the projector) right next to the ps board? I think I did take that out to look at it. If it is held in place with 1 small screw, then I did look at that. If not, I will look again.

Another question... once the power issue is resolved, would it be wise to keep this unit or sell it? I am a mobile entertainer who displays music videos during my performance. I would hate to be carrying this thing around without a case.

Is there any other troublesome issues with this unit or is it fairly stable?

Thank you again!

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.