AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of upgrading my home theater. I have dedicated a room with total ambient light control, dark walls, and stadium seating. I have preordered the panasonic ae7000u. However, I am not sure what screen I need in terms of gain. I understand the 7000u is going to be bright in terms of lumens but my throw distance is going to be approximately 15 ft and not sure if I need a higher gain because of distance. I have looked at the Carada 106" brilliant white which has a suggested gain of 1.4, however I understand it is a little lower. I currently have an ae900u, soft picture, and a da-lite screen with a gain of 1.0. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
960 Posts
For your application you should be perfectly fine with a standard 1.3 gain screen. Da Lite has a Cinema Vision 1.3 gain screen you can consider.

Did you preorder the 7000 from us? if so, you can talk to the salesperson who helped you with that. Or if you like, feel free to give any of us a call.

Benito

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Benito,

Thank you for the advice. I should rephrase. I have put myself on the waiting list here. I am just waiting to get the notification and I will be buying from here. I will take a look at the Da-Lite screen you mentioned. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
For a 106" screen, you shouldn't have any problems, you won't need more gain, the one Benito suggested would be fine. Or you could even try shooting initially on your existing 1.0 gain screen (if its the size you want). And 15' back isn't a very long throw, you're at about the middle of the throw range for that size screen, so no issue there.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Just my two cents here...

I have a 106" 0.6 gain Da-Lite JKP screen.

Panny 4000u

18' throw

on Eco-Mode

No problems whatsoever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts