AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here's the situation my buddy has a Ampro Projection Systems 7000 Light Valve projector he got for part of his pay for a construction job (The company got brand new 20,000$ digital projectors) he doesn't have internet access or the will to learn ect.

This projector has Red, Green, Blue, H/C and Vert BNC connectors(like co-ax) along with other various connections in the rear, I'm assuming these are the connection I must worry about in order to get a picture.

My questions are

What type of converter box do I need (and where to buy) in order to run composite and or co-ax into these RGB BNC connectors?

Is this a decent projector worth the time in messing with?

Anything I should know about these type of projectors?(looks VERY complex inside) The Manual is 250$?

Thank You very much in advance, I’d like to get this up and running for his birthday present.(He put it in the basement and forgot about it)

PS the primary use for this projector will be for large outdoor parties.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
As you probably know Ampro went out of business in 1999. www.ammpro.net/amprocorp.html is a private company that can support Ampro PJ. You may want to contact them for help or replacement parts or bulbs. I can't find any specs on your friend's PJ. I would try to connect a component out of a set-top box DVD player (non-progressive, the cheapie kind, as I doubt this old unit will support 480p) into its R, G, B connections using BNC male to RCA female adaptors (both cable and adaptors available from www.pccables.com ). The next step is to try HTPC with VGA male to 5 BNC male breakout cable available at http://www.pccables.com/cgi-bin/orde...les.com&rcode= (25 footer is $30 and 6 footer is only $10). Beware that the bulb and parts can be expensive to replace.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.