Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm a real newbie to URCs and need help in deciding between a Harmony 880 or a Pronto TSU 2000/3000 or others... based on my research. I'm willing to spend up to $250 for a URC.

My situation is this:

Currently i have almost 7 different remote controls controlling air condition unit, lights, 3 cd players, 3 dvd players, plasma t.v. projection lcd, etc. I would like to have a single remote control that can

a.) turn on and off my airconditioner unit.

b.) control my lutron light dimmer and its different scene settings ( i have 4 settings); two zones

c.) control my infocus 4805 and panasonic ae700 projector. (on/off, aspect ratio, scene settings --colors)

d.) control the volume, power of my yamaha receivers

e.) control the functions of yamaha dvd player (play, pause, eject, power, chapter skip, search., stop)

f.) What happens if you have several cd players, or projectors, can you label them inside the remote or put names ? eg. audio note, or sony cd player ?

g.) Say you have a new cd player, can you erase the old remote functions and replace it with the new cd player ?

Since I'm also into audio, control my audio note cd player, marantz cd player, yamaha cd player.

Which of the above remote can do all of the above fairly easily ?

Can either of these learn from other remote by putting them side by side ?

I would also like to know if its possible to label or name a specific component in the remote. For example, put LUTRON as one of the name in the remotes tag or Audio Note or AE700. etc. So when one presses TAG Lutron, all of the remote functions comes out e.g scene 1, scene 2, scene 3, etc.

Therefore i believe that remote has to have labelling capabilities ? i dont know if such exists.

Which of the two remote is not dependent on the internet connection for updates?

Sorry for my ignorance, seeking for your help and suggestions.

can some link me apage where I can read a manual of the pronto 2000/3000 ?

What is the difference between the two remotes ?

Tks much....

F.

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.