AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im building a new house and in such house I would like to build a theater room. I have all of the audio equipment that I need, for now we know you never have enough. However I want a bigscreen tv that is capable of widescreen and HD. Now I have been reading all about what kinds to get. My question is size. I want to put a piece of cardboard on the wall the size of the screen so I can plan out my room and my speaker placement. I would like to get the biggest tv that I can fit in the room and still have the picture being big enough. With a 16x 9 tv is the screen size still measured as the diagonal like with regular tv's.

The room that I plan on using is roughly 11 1/2 by 19. And was planning on aranging it so that it is the tv to the back of the room is 19. what tv size do you think would be the mx size for this room

thanks

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
corey:

Tell us where the seating will be because most calculations for screen size are based upon seating distance from the screen. If you are doing multiple rows, tell us how far away the primary seats are and how far away the closest seats are. Then you might get some specific recommendations.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as seating goes, which is something else I need to pick up, I was thinking Berkline or something similiar. Most likely a single row of 4. I never really have that many people over to watch movies at one time.

·
Registered
644 Posts
yes, measure the diagonal. i would think anything 50" and above should work. exactly how far from the screen would you be sitting?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Corey, Good to see another North Carolinian around... I have the Berklines as well and like them a lot. There's at least one place in Raleigh where you can see them. Drop me a PM and I'll give you a pointer.

Sam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.