AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -- I've been following (lurking) on the forum since I began construction of my home theater in Oct. I'm a student and after going crazy on it over the holiday break, it's nearly done. Thanks to everybody for all the great info -- hopefully I'll be able to contribute as well! In any event, to get to the topic of this post...

I stopped by to see a friend who works at a local theater and was able to hook me up with a dolby digital plaque; while I was there he also gave me about 200 large mylars and about 60 mini mylars. 2 questions:

1. I know there are a fair number of people who collect mylars -- are many willing to trade, or is ebay the main market? I have a few I'd like to get a hold of, and I'm willing to part with almost all of the ones I have, but I would just as soon trade with AVS people instead of putting them on ebay. Then again, the ones I want are probably the same ones everybody wants. :rolleyes:

2. I'm planning on building a lightbox as others here on the forum have done. I was also thinking, though, of keeping my collection to mostly the mini-mylars, and making a big "now showing" display with a bunch of my favorite mini's. Has anyone ever made this type of lightbox and/or would advise against it? Seems like with enough space, it would be a great way to show off your mylar collection.

Any thoughts!

Thanks!

Soapy

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Soapy,

We need to talk!

I am in Minnesota too and I am very interested in buying/trading mylars.

Also, is there anyway you can get me a dolby digital plaque from the theater? I am so jealous of all the stuff you got. I ALWAYS wanted a friend at a local theater. No fair!

Seriously, PM me we need to hook up.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know, I saw that thread a few weeks ago and I forgot about it -- thanks for the reminder, Ed. Markito is getting first pick of the stuff I currently have, and after he's finished I will post my list here for sale/trade -- I am going to get rid of almost all of them, as I only want a few of my favorites and will let the rest go for pretty reasonable prices or trades (IMO, at least). I'm hoping to pick up Ocean's Eleven, Gladiator, The Matrix, and Chicago -- and that new Miracle one, too. So if you have doubles of any of those, stay posted and hopefully we can work something out. Unless that's against forum rules (didn't seem to be when I read the user agreement...). Stay posted...

Soapy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.