AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide between two budget priced projectors...the Sharp M10S and the Infocus LP-425z. I'm planning on putting the projector in a room approximately 13'6" wide x 14'6" deep. Throw distance will be about 13'. Viewing material will be 95% DVD, 5% Dish (non-HD). First row of seating is approximately 10' from screen location. I am wanting to get the largest possible image without inducing too much screendoor and pixilation.

I've compared the specs between the two and am not sure what to buy. The Infocus is 900 lumens vs. 800 lumens on the M10S, but the Infocus only has a 400:1 contrast ratio vs. the 800:1 of the M10S. Is this going to be quite noticeable at a screen width of 7' or so (1.85:1)? Also, the Infocus specs show that it is HDTV compatible, but the native resolution of both projectors is 800x600 (1024x768 compressed). How can this be?

I am also trying to decide between two different DVD players, the Skyworth 1050P and the Malata N-996. I'm leaning more towards the Malata, but it does not have a VGA out. Could this be a concern if I get the Infocus, as it doesn't have component inputs? Or can I get a component to VGA convertor cable and still have good picture quality.

As you can see, I need a lot of help.

------------------

"Can I refill your eggnog, Eddie? Take you out in the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?"

Greg Jones
The Cellar

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello!? Anyone out there. I know I may have posted this in the wrong forum (this is the LT150 forum, right http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif ). I'm needing to get some help here soon so I can go along with my purchases (the cash is burning a hole in my pocket http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/eek.gif .

To add to the previous post, I have since noticed that the LP-425z has fixed keystone correction, and the M10S has a range of compensation. I am planning on putting the projector above the back row of seats on a shelving platform (approximately 7' high). Is the fixed keystone correction going to be a problem? Also, would I have to invert the projector, as is usually the case when ceiling mounting. I wouldn't say that what I plan to do is "ceiling mounting", but then again, it's not going to be on the floor. With a ceiling height of just over 7' to begin with, the screen itself will be pretty close to the ceiling.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

------------------

"Can I refill your eggnog, Eddie? Take you out in the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?"

Greg Jones
The Cellar

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
sorry, but i have to ask...why didn't/don't you get a Lt150?

i've had mine going on 3 days now. after my first night of really critical, hypersensitive viewing, the 2nd night went a lot smoother, and i can definately begin to see where all the positve reports are coming from. its a doozy of a projector.

what are the price of these 2 your thinking about?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wasn't able to take advantage of the LT150 deal. I just recently had enough extra to buy one. The M10S is $1799 and the LP-425z is $1425. If the LP-425z proves to not be so good of a deal, I will definitely try and score an LT150 for around the $1800 mark (if available). I would much prefer to have the LT-150 over the M10S, but haven't given the LT-150 much thought until now, considering the normal asking price of this unit.

Can you give me any suggestions as to the fixed keystone correction? Does the projector somehow sense the degree of tilt and justly compensate automatically?

------------------

Greg Jones
The Cellar

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.