AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to the hole projetor home theather scene. I have a small room that I have for a projector set up. It is 12X12. The room has no windows and very deem lights so light will not been an issues. My question is I am going to be getting a 1080p unit. I would like some recommendations of which projector you think will work in a 12X12 room, the projector would be mounted on the ceiling back about a little more than 11 feet from the projector. And the ceiling is 10 feet. I would like to have a 100" screen is possible. I have been on projector central and am trying to use the calulator. The models I am looking at are:

Espon HC6100

Sanyo PLV-Z700

Viewsonic Pro8100

InFocus X10 (Dont think this one will work)

Anybody have any other suggestions I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Looks like the new Optoma HD20 will throw 100" from 11 feet.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I have the epson 6500 and love its brightness, it really adds to the movie experience, like a giant LCD tv. After owning this I could never go back to something dimmer. I believe that epson you have on your list is just as bright.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
got the viewsonic pro8100 it has a the sharpest image among those projectors also the most vivd color because of the HQV-210 processor, also you have 3 years warrenty , motorized lens shift vertical-horizental for easy installation , very quite , piano black classy look, thats it all in one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts