AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am in the market to purchase an LCD and was leaning toward a Sharp Aquos or Toshiba panel at 37". But then I hit a roadblock...

What is the difference between 1366x768 resolution and 1280x720?

More importantly, which of those resolutions will give me the best viewing experience with SDTV, HD, and DVDs?

I want to be able to watch those three sources and not have to worry about the edges of the screen being "cut off" because it cannot display the widescreen format.

The reason I brought this up is because I was reading another posting and someone mentioned that 1366x768 LCD's will not display any SDTV or HD signal full screen at native resolution. Is this true?

HELP!! Maybe I am way off....

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Everything will work fine with an LCD with the 1366X768 resolution. Almost all "720p" LCDs (maybe all) come in that resolution. I have two and everything is good.

It will be important that you set up each incoming component plugged into the tv correctly, both resolutions and type of cables, so you avoid all the issues people report. It's not the tvs it's how you set them up. Many new HD tv owners don't know how to set everything up correctly, so they blame the tv, but it's really them. So ignore the complaints.

Buy the one you like and come back if you run into difficulties.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts