AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5040. What is the best way to set it to record a show on a particular night, even if it moves time slots?

For example, I have mine set to record most of the Fox Sunday night lineup, including Oliver Beene. Tonight Oliver Beene comes on about an hour later than it used to, and my Replay did not pick up on this.

I thought maybe I need to make a Theme based on this show, so I did that, but when I checked the guide, it still did not have the red dots next to tonight's Oliver Beene. Is this the correct way to do it? Does it just take time before it schedules the recording?

I appreciate any help. I don't understand Theme-Based recording very well.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
OK, the Replay will only pick up time slot moves on show based records if:

1. The show jumps to a different night at the same time

or

2. The show jumps to an adjacent timeslot (if a half hour show is normally on at 8pm but is on at 7:30 or 8:30 instead, or an hour show to 7 or 9)

or

3. The show jumps to another night AND an adjacent timeslot.

The way to *try* to get it to record a show that moves to a non-adjacent slot is to create a backup theme, just like you did. This theme will not put red dots onto the show in the channel guide, and even if it is guaranteed it *might* not record. However, its your best shot besides just setting up a one time show based record for the show in its other timeslot.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.