AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all of you for the great info. After reading lots of posts, I took the plunge, bought a GW II (Love it) and the Hughes HD set top with D*. (Got a good deal at CC.) After a few weeks I am tired of only 4 HD channels. We have several in the Hartford/Springfield area, but the transmitters are located in opposite directions. The wife requires attic installation and there is not enough clearance for a rotator in the attic. My question: WIll mounting two antennas, 1 aimed at Hartford, 1 aimed at Springfield work. How do you combine the signals. Also, can I diplex the satellite feed or is it better to run a separate cable (The Hughes box can be set up either way, it seems). Thanks for the help!

· Registered
50 Posts
From what I read in a different thread it is difficult to combine antenna feeds successfully. It is a better idea to run two separate lines and use a A-B switch if your STB only has one input. Supposedly there is a Radio Shack $40. electronic switch with remote to switch between antenna feeds. I haven't seen it in the catalog.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.