AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished my home theater...yeay...I'm already tired of heading to the closet to switch blu rays/dvds...Looking into media streamers and am confused by all of the options/hd formats. What I want to do is rip my existing blu ray collection to a hard drive (portable or my computer) and somehow play it back on my projector/screen in all of it's original 1080p goodness and HD audio format. I'm familiar with ripping my dvd's w/ hd decrypter and assume most media servers can handle those files/audio. Can't figure out what to do with the blu rays or what format the audio/video will be in...running through a denon 2809 reciever to mits hc 5500 to 124" screen. Any advice is welcome...I do have a wired ethernet connection in the closet where the equipment is going- If staples sells something that would work that would be great too as I have some gift cards to use up...looking to spend 300 or less

Thanks!

· Registered
3,250 Posts
Hello,

I would recommend purchasing a Dune 3.0 prime. It is simple to operate, and streams HD video and audio better than anything in it's price range. The Dune 3.0 Prime with a Blu-ray drive built in (for that occasional rental) is about $500 and the Dune 3.0 base is about $400. It works very well with music and photos also.

· Registered
632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlknez /forum/post/18131637

Hello,

I would recommend purchasing a Dune 3.0 prime. It is simple to operate, and streams HD video and audio better than anything in it's price range. The Dune 3.0 Prime with a Blu-ray drive built in (for that occasional rental) is about $500 and the Dune 3.0 base is about $400. It works very well with music and photos also.

As far as media players are concerned I am not sure ant stream HD audio. I would like to hear if anybody knows of any.

· Registered
4,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kciaccio /forum/post/18131710

As far as media players are concerned I am not sure ant stream HD audio. I would like to hear if anybody knows of any.

The Dune player streams Hidef audio (TrueHD and DTS MA) from ISOs, MKVs and m2ts files with ease. A FAST AND HEALTHY network is required.

· Registered
3,250 Posts
I guess it depends then upon your definition of "high definition". By my definition, the only sub $2,800 player that streams high-definition is the Dune 3.0

· Registered
139 Posts
There are plenty of streamers that claim to do HD video in the $200 range. The problem is, they are buggy and were not ready when they were released. If you want to take a shot and hope you won't have any issues, then go with one of those. If you want one that has been proven to work, then get a Dune and don't look back. I should add that I have been researching this for the past 2 months solid and have decided to purchase a Dune on Monday. PCH and HDX still haven't earned my trust that they will fix their issues, and the fact they released their players in a very unstable state and hoped customers would subsidize their development has given me a bad impression.

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies....here is where I'm at...I ripped a few blu rays I own using HD decrypter to my hard drive, full disc rip. I now want to play these with full HD sound / video on my setup w/ a streamer or off a hard drive / media tank but can't even figure out how to play them on my PC....I'm not sure what the file format is or how to play it..it's a bunch of folders actually...I"ll check out the Dune but was wondering if it can play whatever HD decrypter rips the discs as

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Read the dune 3.0 thread, looks like that would really do what I need (i'm assuming it will also play my mp3 collection?) It's definitely more than I want to spend right now...My denon 2809 should be able to decode the bitstreams, so will the other players (like the a-110 mentioned) give me the same result w/ a little more effort (figuring out yamj, etc) or am I better of saving for the dune....anybody have a rec on the best place to buy one from? seems to be 379 everywhere

· Registered
3,250 Posts
The guys over at duneplayer.com give excellent service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.