Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am ready to buy a 42" Panny PWD Plasma. But i have a couple of question for you guys and hope you can help me out to decide i should go Plasma or something else.

I would watch 40% on DVD in component setting (I know this is going to be looked very nice on Plasma)

I would watch 30% on Direct TV w/regular tuner and hook it up either with Composite or S video (Is it going to look good on PWD Plasma if compare to watch on a SONY WEGA TV?)

I would watch 30% Regular VCR/VCD and hook it up w/Composite signal (Is it going to look good on PWD Plasma if compare to watch on a Sony WEGA TV?)

Have anyone of you guys doing like these? I really like the Plasma but i may get a WEGA TV instead if it looks worst than a WEGA TV when i watch VCR/VCD/Regular DTV.

Please advise,

Thanks.

Ray

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
Are you aware you can't use the composite and S-video inputs together, its one or the other only on the Panasonic plasmas? If you connect an S-video plug into the panel, it prevents all use of the composite input until the s-video plug is removed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry may be i misuderstand it (I am too new to all these), It that's the case, I will use composite for my VCR and DTV. That's why i am concern, Is it going to look even worst than a regular TV?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by US_MATRIX
That's why i am concern, Is it going to look even worst than a regular TV?
Unless you use an HTPC or a good outboard scaler, and even if you do, regular TV/VHS will look slightly worse. Artifacts will be more obvious. However, DVD and especially HDTV are so much more stunning on a plasma than a direct view, that it's worth putting up with slightly worse SD. And within a few years, there should be a lot more HD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.