AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, i recently purchased a samsung 51" plasma 3d tv. and want to watch 3d movies through my Acer 8930 (via HDMI in mkv files or iso).

i watched toy story 3 fine but when i try and watch avatar or others after about 1.5 hrs the movie goes all slow and choppy ( become unwatchable), and even caused my laptop to crash, i av never had this prob when watching via hdmi on my old standard tv. when the laptop crashed the underneath was really hot, is it just a case of overheating? is this a common prob and how can i resolve it? many thanks in advance my laptop spec is:

intel core 2 duo T6400 2ghz

memory 4gb

graphics card: nvidia 9600m gt ( drivers appear to b up to date)

thanks again

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The 3D iso files or Blu Ray discs put the highest demands on a computer's hard drive, memory, and bus. Somewhere along the line your laptop is choking, but I bet you can fix it in software. The fact that the problem develops only after an hour is a clue. Maybe a memory leak somewhere, maybe a hard drive heating up too much, and maybe some other program starts up in the background competing for resources.

I recommend you halt any other programs running while you watch the video, and maybe even reboot just before watching. If you can disconnect from the internet you might even stop your anti virus software just while playing the video. If that doesn't fix it, try putting the files on an external usb drive and see if that fixes it - in which case maybe replace your C drive or at least check it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.