AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be a stupid question but how the heck do you use 12v trigger? Is this something I could use to switch on my tv or dvd automatically when I select that component on the reciever? For reference, I have the Pioneer 45TX.

THanks!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I assume you're referring to the trigger 'outputs'. Typically, they are used for components with trigger inputs and no IR remote functionality (examples -- turning on/off power amps or controlling theater screens). Additionally, some power conditioners have a trigger input so that you can remotely switch certain outlets on/off. So I believe you should be able to do what I think it is you want (as long as the receiver can be configured in that way). There may be a cheap device that does this, but I haven't looked into it.

BTW - you could also use a good universal remote that can be programmed with macros to switch on/off devices, select inputs, etc.. If a power strip with a remote trigger ends up at around $100 or more, and you're thinking about buying it solely for that application, then in my opinion, a remote such as the MX500 is a better way to go. (I'm assuming you're other components have IR remote capability)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.