AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first large set of speakers, and am setting it up. The receiver is an Onkyo HT-RC260, and the front speakers are Infinity Beta 50s. They are capable of being biamped - but I don't want to do it (I have a 7.1 with Beta 20 satellites).

How do I connect the receiver to the speakers so that both the hi and low are connected together? (I believe this is what you do if you don't biamp). Do you just connect a wire between the high and low?

Thanks,

~Lyuokdea

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Like this;

However, you must be sure there is a frequency dividing network between the elements.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyuokdea
what do you mean by this? I just connected them by a wire - it seems to work fine? Or is this bad?

Thanks,

~Lyuokdea
If you have the metal pieces between the 2 sets already just connect speaker and your ready.

If not,Take two pieces of short speaker wire. Take one can connect it to the bottom positive post, and the other end connect to the top positive terminal. Then take other piece of speaker wire, and do the same with the negative terminals. You will need to have speaker wire coming from Receiver and connect it to either set of posts.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Yes, stay color to color however. You'll be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts