AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In most of the 16:9 movies displayed on a normal 4:3 monitor, the sub title just appears between the bottom of main image and the black bar. So part of the image is covered by the subtitle.

Please tell me if there is any way to move the subtitle lower, so it is in the black bar?

Same question for WinDVD.

Thanks for your help...

·
Registered
467 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tonycheung
i am not using vobsub, just zoomplayer itself. The subtitles are original in the DVD disc.
:confused: Zoomplayer does not have a built-in support for subtitles. You must use a filter to display them. This filter should have these setting to play with. Anyways, if you don't have vobsub, try to install it, it has quite a lot of useful features, including those you need.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks fo ryour resonse, here are the details of my settings(sorry if i didn't describe clearly, i am new on this)

zoomplayer, use sonic video decoder and windvd audio decoder, and ffdshow filter

so i should play around with sonic video decoder, right?

when i installed Vobsub, how to make it functional with zoomplayer? i don't know how to set.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
now i have installed the Vobsub, and get it worked with zoomplayer. but i still don't know how to adjust the subtitle position. could you help on this? thanks!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Start =>Programs=>VobSub=>DirectVobSub Configure=>Main=>Override placement.

Make sure vobsub is ticked in zoomplayer.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Quote:
Zoomplayer does not have a built-in support for subtitles.
:confused:

All software DVD players have support for subtitles. For ZP, just right-click the screen and select Subtitle. AFAIK, there is no way to change the postion of the subs for DVDs.

If you are talking about .idx, .sub, and .srt sub files, then vobsub can configure settings for those.

Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for your info, but when i use the software "King Player" which is made in PR China, with a simple click on the subtitle with the mouse, i can easily drag the subtitle anywhere I like!!! but the PQ is too bad for that software...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.