AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this is the wrong place for this question....

over the past year, i have been successful in finding on this board answers for all my questions. thanks to all those who didn't know they were helping.

i have, however, a question which i have yet to find an answer to. it has prompted to me to finally register at avsforum and post my first thread. i know you guys will be nice to a newbie in need. :)

my question is in regards to component inputs. i have an original 36" wega (36xbr200) that has been (until my recent acquisition of a linn amp) my prized ht posession. despite its lack of wideband component inputs, it still provides me with an amazing television viewing experience. what i'm wondering, though, is if it is possible to somehow replace the connectors with wideband components in order to hook it up to a progressive dvd player.

i know i will get a lot of advice to dump the crt in favor of a newer (and less stubborn) model, but i have grown quite attached to this set. lugging a 250 lb behemoth across umpteen states and up countless stairs has a way of forcing a bond between man and machine. besides, selling this set after just having moved into my new apartment may cause the 'why-didn't-you-just-do-that-before-we-brought-it-upstairs' pestering from the significant other. and we all know that hell hath no fury like....

anyway, thanks in advance,

bA

·
Registered
22,246 Posts
Nope... the best you can get is 480i. There are no mods (that I know) to upgrade your set to EDTV. Even if there were, I don't think that the expense would justify the benefit.

Enjoy what you have until it dies!

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
No, you cannot handle 480p progressive video without a digital TV, no analog set can do more than 480i interlaced video. You would need to buy a digital TV set to get 480p, but then you could get HD 720p or 1080i too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.