AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI... Already posted at Direct View CRT forum with no answer...

After a couple of weeks roaming through AVS I finally narrowed my TV desicion to a direct view TV (Sony Wega KV27FV310). I just installed it and I'm pretty happy with it. Now, it is amazing how with this TV I can see how bad my cable TV (Comcast) signal is. There are some channels that are impossible to watch (too snowy). For some reason I did not notice on my previous 21" Philips TV. So, my two questions are:

1. Is there anything I can do to improve the signal going into the TV? Should I switch to digital cable? (I do not have a cable box)

2. Is there any tool out there to help me tune this TV to it's best possible PQ?

Thanks,

Francis

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Got a DVD player ? Then get yourself a copy of Avia or Video Essentials - ASAP - before you do permanent damage to your TV by having the (likely) stock mis-adjustments burn in.

The other part may just be a function of the TV's tuner section and how well it works with your cable company's signal. You might have them send a tech out to check your signal.

·
Registered
275 Posts
One thing I've seen a good 7 or 8 times as a cable tech... Stupid to do, but hard to notice.

On the back of the TV, there is probably 3 cable connections - ANTA, ANTB, and OUT TO CONVERTER. Make sure you are NOT plugged into the converter one - when that happens, you usually get some picture on the anta/b, just it is really kind of crappy and snowy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your inputs. I'm plugged into ANTA. I will probably call Comcast and have them come over to check the signal...

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
One more thing you might try - got a Stereo VCR ? Plug it into the cable, then use the Video /Audio connections from that to your TV (do the coax connector for others in the house) - in essence, using the VCR as your cable tuner. Just another idea....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.